Hi, I’m Carla.I try to pay attention. I'm always learning something new. I get excited about little things. I live in an interesting place. Here's where I share my musings. Glad you've stopped by!
- Muses shoe party
- Story Saturdays - How St. Joseph's Day became one of my favorite holidays
- Only in New Orleans?
- What makes a fall festival fantastic?
- Summer treat #22 - Summer swamp
- The pies and cakes post, with an excellent almond cake recipe!
- A few ways Mardi Gras is for locals . . .
- "I got oranges, lemons, limes; I got pineapple . . "
- Happy New Year from Horn Island!
- About me
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (18)
- October 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (11)
- July 2012 (30)
- June 2012 (11)
- May 2012 (3)
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (14)
- February 2012 (22)
- January 2012 (25)
- December 2011 (23)
- November 2011 (19)
- October 2011 (18)
- September 2011 (20)
- August 2011 (16)
- July 2011 (28)
- June 2011 (26)
- May 2011 (25)
- April 2011 (30)
- March 2011 (31)
- February 2011 (28)
- January 2011 (31)
- December 2010 (5)
- November 2010 (8)
- October 2010 (12)
- September 2010 (9)
- TONIGHT! 8:30 at Tiki Tolteca above Felipes - going to be sooo much fun! Swing dance lessons, performance by... fb.me/3M7M6NcRx 3 hours ago
- Quick break at the Mississippi River to soak in some nature magic... instagram.com/p/yfA9kGP6Tp/ 5 hours ago
- RT @GoPropeller: Learn to take control of your #happiness with @NOLACarla in Adding More Joy to Your Life bit.ly/1wDdfng 5 hours ago
Tag Archives: yoga
I’m back on the yoga wagon. I feel so much better when I have a regular yoga practice. Yoga has done wonders for my posture and strength. I look at photos from years ago and am amazed by my “vulture” … Continue reading
Are you looking for a book with a daily yoga reading? Try Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates and Katrina Kenison. I received this book as a gift from my friend Maria just a month or so before I … Continue reading
If I had a nickel for all of the Facebook posts I saw about folks not being ready to return to work today, I’d be rich! Well, not really, as I have fewer than 250 FB friends, so that’s just … Continue reading
New Year’s Eve tip: Don’t begin drinking champagne at 9:30. If you do, you’ll end up going to bed at 4:00 a.m. and sleeping in on New Year’s Day until 10:00. But don’t worry, you’ll still have time to start … Continue reading
Note. This post is not very exciting. And it will make even less sense if you don’t read part 1 first. 1. Set the snooze button about 50 times. Well, ok, maybe just three or four. Wonder to yourself what … Continue reading
Summer’s officially over. Hurricane season goes through November, but every day that the earth tilts a little more away from the sun means a little less chance that we’ll be socked. Today’s the autumnal equinox – the day that the … Continue reading